Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dry Embossing on Vellum



I love the way this card came out. The challenge was to emboss something using a stylus, and I have to admit I have hardly used my stylus since I got a cuttlebug, but I decided to give it a go. The first hurdle was that my light box wasn't bright enough to see the template through Certainly Celery cardstock, so I put on my thinking cap and decided to use a strip of vellum on top of the CS.

I'm still debating whether to add some Stickles to the flower to give it more dimension and a little glitz. What do you think I should do?

Stamps used are Petal Prints and Small Sayings (both SU), CS is Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery and non-SU white, black & vellum, inks are Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise and Garden Green. The flower accents were from a reduced bin at Hancock Fabrics...I sure wish they had had more than one package ~ love 'em!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dry embossing on the vellum looks beautiful! Wonderful job!