Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Special Thank You to Cristin

Thanks, Cristin, for letting me know you couldn't find vinyl cling anywhere! Because of you, I discovered yet another way to unmount stamps ~ while searching on the net for a source for vinyl cling, I discovered a tutorial that showed how to mount the clear sticker (that would normally go on the wood block) directly onto the foam of the unmounted stamp. You then use Tack n Peel on your acrylic block, as opposed to vinyl cling on the stamp itself. The *HUGE* bonus is that you can see your image as you are stamping it! I had to try this right away, so I reached for a set that I had just purchased used, and discovered that I was able to gently peel the sticker off the block, put it on the foam back of my unmounted stamp,and trim.I could then see exactly what I was stamping. Awesome!

This would be even easier with new sets, as you can place the sticker on the foam and then trim both together. Poor DH, as I will be sending him to the storage room to retrieve all the blocks from the sets I have already unmounted, so that I can take the stickers.

No comments: