Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stamping/Scrapbooking in a Tight Space



As some of you know, I live in two trailers ~ FL in the winter and ON in the summer. I have TONS of supplies, stamp sets, cricut and cartridges, cuttlebug, etc. etc., and finding a spot to put them, that is also out of reach for our 3yo son, Kelton, has been a real challenge. Last winter in FL, I went to a yard sale and saw two of these cabinets. I knew right away that they would be perfect for my scrapbooking supplies, since they had a locking door, they had 2 pull-out shelves (for my workspace and my trimmers), a stationary shelf (for my Cricut and Xyrons) and various cubbies and other storage spaces. So I had to buy them both (for only $20 each!!) DH was kind enough to mount some metal baskets on the doors to hold even more of my supplies, and a family friend offered to bring one of them all the way back from FL to ON in the back of his truck....I'll love you forever for that, Basil! Anyway, this is what my cupboard looks like closed.



And here it is opened ~ I have since added another row of the wire bins on the left door for more punches, stamp pads, scissors and adhesives as well as a Pampered Chef tool turnabout behind my Xyron for my pens, Crop a Dile and other tools. I love this setup ~ it is SO compact, and best of all, I no longer have to wait until Kelton is asleep at night to scrap and stamp....the door opens in a second and if I need to pick up in a hurry I simply slide my workspace shelf in and turn the key in the door. But that's not all....see the blue bag near the bottom right...that holds ALL my embellishments, themed papers, stickers, embossing folders/templates, Quickutz dies and so on and so on in my ScrapRack. Here's a photo of the ScrapRack opened up:



I am absolutely in LOVE with my ScrapRack!! The whole thing folds down in a jiffy to fit in that tiny bag you see in the bottom of my scrapping cupboard, and sets in up less than a minute....PLUS when full it will even fit on the top of a tv tray with room to spare! That means I can take all my supplies with me in my rolling tote and also have them easily accessible at home in the trailer. Love it, love it, love it!

If you're interested in more info about the ScrapRack, you can check it out at www.thescraprack.com Be sure to have a look at the online video. Don't order direct, though....if you come back to me when you're ready to order, I can get a better deal for you ~ I was able to use my business licence to become a distributor...I'm telling you, if you scrap, you absolutely need one of these. I have had so many different storage spaces/units/bins/drawers/totes and was able to condense them all into this neat unit that is organized so that I can find whatever I want in seconds...no kidding! Want more info? I have an extra copy of the organizational DVD that explains how it all works....I'd be happy to lend it to you....just ask!

No comments: