Sunday, September 9, 2007

First Trip to the Dentist



I had a lot of fun doing this sketch challenge! I was really excited when I found the blue paper in my ScrapRack, since it went so perfectly with the BG paper that came with the little boy scrapbook that I planned to put this layout in. Since I only have 1/2" and 1 3/8" circle punches with nothing in between, it didn't look right when I interspersed the larger and smaller circles, so I just used two of the large circles for interest. Initially, I planned to use buttons to form the circle, but then remembered my Typewriter Alpha stamp set, and decided it, along with the Block Alphabet from All Night Media, would be perfect for the title. The Typewriter Alpha is actually square blocks, but I used my 1/2" circle punch to make rounds instead. The accent circles were stamped with 2 Stampin' Up sets ~ Little Pieces and Big Pieces. They are designed to coordinate, so that was easy.



Have you ever used the color combo site at Scraptitude? That's where I got the ideas for the colors I used here....more mustard, really rust, creamy caramel and brocade blue.

1 comment:

Joan said...

adorable page. your son is a doll!