Thursday, September 6, 2007

Warm Winter Wishes Pop Up Card



When I saw this pop up technique as a challenge on SCS, I knew I had to make one! Although the instructions were 12 pages long (yikes!), it turned out to be an easy card to make, and a lot of fun to pop up. (If you would like a tutorial, please LMK). The greeting is hidden until you pull on the ribbon at the top. My DH got a big kick out of popping it up and hiding it quite a few times....go figure.

This card is made with Always Artichoke, Bliss Blue and Barely Banana cardstock, the same colors of ink plus Cameo Coral, and some ribbon that I colored with an Always Artichoke marker. Honestly, I don't know why people buy all different shades of ribbon when it's so quick and easy to color white ribbon and get the exact shade you want. Stamp set used is called Snowflakes. There is also a matching brass template for this set, so I think I'll try one of these cards using the brass template instead of stamping the background. Then I think I'll substitute Real Red for the cameo coral to make it look more Christmas'y (is that a word...LOL.

What do *you* think?

3 comments:

BikerK8 said...

just love it

Alesha Walls said...

I love the card! I completely agree about dying the white ribbon too!

michelle sturgeon said...

Cool card!