As though the fire weren't bad enough, we received notice from the campground we were at that they wanted us to move our trailer out by Nov. 30. Now bear in mind, the trailer we have there is a park model, with an add-a-room as big as the trailer itself....not designed to be moved! We consulted with an attorney, who threatened legal action against the campground, and we don't have to move the trailer, at least for now, but WE had to move, as the water was shut off and will remain so until the end of April. I still can't get over the total lack of compassion on the part of the owners....when I thought they were coming to offer their condolences, they were in fact telling us to get out!
So where are we now? Well, we spent the last two winters in Sarasota, FL, so I decided we may as well return, since a. we don't have anyplace else to go anyway, b. it is somewhat familiar to DH, for whom routine is so important after his injury, c. we no longer own any winter clothes and d. with email and fax we should be able to handle whatever issues arise just as easily as we could from anywhere else. So, with only a few days' notice, we arranged our things, packed what little we now own into our van along with DH, Kelton and Karma (our dog) and set out for the south. We'll be back mid to late April, if all goes according to plan.
A huge thank you to those people who have donated items to us, including stamping supplies ~ I have made my thank you card for the firefighters and will post it soon. I'm also sending cards to those who have sent me things ~ but I don't have everyone's snail mail address, so if you sent something without a return address, could you email me at email@example.com? I really want to be able to thank everyone! In particular, I'm looking for an addy for Cristin Keller and Bernice Van Loenen.