Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Make Merry


When I discovered a package of nice, thick, holly-printed CS at Big Lots, I just knew I had to have it to make this year's cards. It's printed on one side and plain on the other, so it's perfect!

Here's the end result. Designer paper is from a paper pack that contained paper for all seasons, tags are punched using SU's two tag punches, and I used my SU markers to color in the ornaments, with a small brass brad in the centre one. The dots on the holly are stickles ~ I used lace stickles, but would use red next time. Not sure the origin of the ribbon.

I tried to avoid any mention of Christmas specifically, so that this card could go to anyone, no matter which holiday they celebrate. What do you think ~ is it too "Christmas-y," or is if generic enough? I'd love to hear opinions!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Lots of holiday cheer going on here! Great card! Deb

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Hi Marla!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you after you left me a comment.
I didn't find your e-mail address on your blog, you can find mine in my profile. Talk to you soon. :-)