Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kickstand Card

Although this was supposed to be a sketch challenge on SCS (Splitcoast Stampers), I think it really qualifies as a "technique" challenge instead, as the sketch was for a kickstand card, which I have never made before.

What is a kickstand card, you ask? I had the same question.....it's hard to tell from the photo, but the front of the card is cut shorter than the back, then the scallopped square is used to make up the rest of the front. Clear as mud, huh?

To make this card, I cut a piece of CS 4 1/4 x 11", then scored it in the middle of the length. After doing that, I cut off a piece of the bottom front of the card, then made the scallopped square to fit evenly with the bottom of the back, so the card would stand up on the square (the kickstand).

I'm going to give this card to my son Kris for his 17th birthday, coming up Feb. 5. Stamps used are from Birthday Frame and Favorite Teddy bear. Square was cut with the Cricut (Mini Monograms cartridge). Patterned paper was generously donated by Jimmi....love it!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

You did a great job on this kick stand card Marla! Darling paper and image! Deb

Kim said...

Very cute card!