Saturday, March 1, 2008

Let's Try a Monochrome Card


Last Wednesday at Scrapbooking group, Debbie Moczek showed us how easy it is to dry emboss even without a light box. She used the Seeing Spots embossing template, and simply laid cardstock on top,then rubbed all over the cardstock with an embossing stylus. The design appeared like magic!
I belong to a birthday club that sends a card to each of its members who are having a birthday that month, and I decided to combine my new dry embossing skills with a monochrome black and white card. I've always wanted to try black and white, so here's my first effort. I stamped the background white CS with the Seeing Spots stamp set, using Versafine black ink. Dry embossed as per Debbie's instruction on white, then matted it using my perfect layers tool (also for the first time!) and the Tim Holtz retractable craft knife. I used another of the Tim Holtz tools, the retractable paper piercer, to accent the embossing. The flower is also a stamp from Seeing Spots, stamped and punched out on white with a 1 3/8" punch, then mounted on a black circle punched with a 1 1/2" punch.
The sentiment ("sending you smiles") is from Verve Visual, stamped with SU white craft ink on black CS and punched out with the Word Window punch. This was a fun and easy card to do, and I plan to do more someday, with different colors.

3 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

i love monochromatic cards! And black and white is so clssy!

BikerK8 said...

oh Marla this card is so elegant

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Love your card. So pretty with the monochromatic color scheme. Nice job! :)