Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Faux Cloisonne

What an interesting technique challenge ~ faux cloisonne ~ sure hope I spelled it right! The idea here is to take an outline stamp and stamp it in Versamark ink on a colorful page from a magazine, then emboss it with gold embossing powder and cut it out. It was sooo much fun trying to choose which magazine ad would look right, and would match with colors of cardstock and ink I have.


The name of the butterfly set is Flutterbys, and the CS squares are tempting turqouise and black. I also used tempting turquoise ink ~ the {Thanks if from a new set called "Make it Count" and the BG swirly design is from a wheel (no idea what it's called). I also tried a Fiskars texture plate for the first time. They're actually butterflies and flowers, although they don't show up well in the photo.


The two lines above the greeting are simply scores done on the Scor-It.


This was a really fun technique, very easy, and I'm sure I'll be doing it again.

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately ~ we are getting ready to move, and will be leaving the country in just a few days. I'll try to be better at updating my blog once we get settled again ~ in the meantime, you might not see too many posts from me over the next couple of weeks, but know that I am thinking of you all!



1 comment:

Linda K. said...

Just LOVE your card - very beautyful colours and what a pretty butterfly! :)

Good luck in your moving process looking forward 'seeing' you again on your blog!

//Linda K. ~ Denmark!