Saturday, June 14, 2008

Family Memories for Father's Day


The colors in this card look a little muddy in the scan ~ it's actually quite stunning IRL. Last weekend, Kelton and his dad built a sandcastle at the beach across from our rented house, and when I went looking to see what stamps I had that were suitable for a father's day card, this one just jumped right out at me.

CS is Barely Banana and Chocolate Chip along with white. Stamp set is Summer by the Sea (Stampin Up), and I embossed it in black before coloring it in with a watercolor pen and markers ~ barely banana, blush blossom, sahara sand, bordering blue, pumpkin pie, close to cocoa and chocolate chip. I colored the ribbon with my barely banana marker so it would match. "Family Memories" are two separate words from a set called Words of Expression ~ not sure who that one is made by.

I also tried making an envelope with my scor-pal for the first time ever, and it worked perfectly on the first try :) It's not shown here, but I used the same DP that I used on the card. I will most definitely be making my own envies from now on....it was so very quick and easy. Instructions for making an envelope for *any* size card are on the Scor-Pal website.

No comments: