Monday, September 22, 2008

Kindred Spirits for my daughter


As soon as I saw this stamp from the Gina K "Kindred Spirits" collection, I knew I had to have it to make a card for my daughter Briar's 22nd birthday. With a son that just turned two in August, and a new baby, I know she's got her hands full. (The older child on this stamp is actually a girl, wearing a skirt, but I doctored it up a bit with a black zig marker to make it look like shorts...and her older son does have long hair, so I think it looks ok).

The paper-piecing on the boy's outfit, baby's shirt, and mom's top came from the same paper I used for the card, and I watercolored with blush blossom, barely banana, creamy caramel, bravo burgundy, bashful blue and gable green to match the Gina K patterned paper and the SU bashful blue cardstock.

The free "Happy Birthday" stamp that came with my order from
Sparkle n Sprinkle is the perfect touch for this card, too.

No comments: