Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twas the Night Before A Scrapper's Christmas

Many thanks to LaRae of the Sure Cuts a Lot Users' Group on
Yahoo for this poem.

T'was the night before Christmas and all through the house

Not a creature was stirring including my spouse,

I crept out of bed so sneaky and quick

I just had to have time with my little Cricut

I flew to my craftroom and put on a light

I ruffled through papers to my utmost delight

I looked and found the cutest designs

I am sure I had seen them a thousand times

I took out some punches, some stamps, and some ink

I was hoping the night time would allow me to think

I cut and I stamped and I glued through the night

When all of a sudden things weren’t quite right

I threw down my cardstock, my glue and my stamps

I looked all around and shut off the lamps

I crept downstairs to see what it might be

But there it was underneath the tree

There were boxes and drawers and containers galore

I knew in a minute I would be messy no more

I went straight to bed to wait for the sun

I knew in the morning I would start to have fun

I could rush to the tree and then confess

I needed these things to clean up my mess

I can hear them all now, “It will never be done”

But what they don’t know, That is half the fun!

So Santa, dear Santa, thanks for the gear.

But I am already wondering, can you bring more next year?

post signature

No comments: