Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Boys




My husband came up behind me when I was mulling over this scrapbook layout challenge from Splitcoast stampers. He immediately said, "I know the perfect thing for you to do with that ~ there are four photos on the centre strip, and we have four boys, so "My Boys" would be the perfect layout. Thanks, dear!

Here's what I came up with:





Lettering is from the Tear Drop and Mini Monograms cartridge from my trusty ol'cricut, and I used a green gel pen to bring out the edges of "My"...it seemed to fade into the background paper until I did that. Background paper is all from a Studio K Super K paper pack I picked up at Big Lots, Cricut frogs are from the Animal Kingdom cartridge, frog stickers are unknown, vellum quote is from a ColorBlok quote pack of baby boy quotes, go Dad is a SEI rub-on. I cut the paper with my Creative Memories wavy trimmer (not sure if that is what it's really called), and used my CM corner rounder on the photos, as well as the Stampin Up Square Steps corner punch on the photo of Kelton and Daddy.

Do you use rub-ons often? I always seem to have a terrible time getting them onto my LOs....think I'm going to give up soon. It probably took longer to do the rub on than the whole rest of the LO...yikes!

No comments: