Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Trifold Card, Cami Style



I bought this retired stamp set a week or so ago...it's called Toucan of My Love. Then, when I saw the challenge for the Trifold Card, Cami Style on Splitcoast, this stamp set just seemed to call out to me! (You can get a tutorial on how to make this card at SCS in the Tutorials section).

This technique called for using the slit punch to make the flap, and I don't own a slit punch, so I used an oval coluzzle template and just cut out a little less than half of it. Then, I was supposed to use punches or a coluzzle for the window and insert, but I didn't have either of those, so I figured out a way to do it with the Mini Monograms cartridge of my Cricut. And my patterned cardstock isn't two sided, so I improvised by stamping with the leaves from my Petal Prints stamp set onto the exposed white side of the card stock.

This is definitely a card I will be doing again. A lot of thinking went into substitutions for things I don't have, but I'm really happy with the result and love the look of the card.

No comments: