Sunday, September 2, 2007

Our (Stick People) Family



Recently I had a chance to get together with some friends and share stamps. I used an idea that I saw on Heather Summers' blog to make a sign featuring all of our family as stick people. Heather's used a 5x7 format, but with 9 kids, 2 adults and 2 pets, my sign just looked a bit too cramped, so when I found a 4x12 frame at the dollar store, I decided it would be perfect.

It was so much fun making this sign. Here's a brief tutorial: First, I stamped baby Kelton, and then masked him so that he would fit nicely between mom and dad. Then I stamped the rest of us, starting from the feet up. I cut the lettering on some spare CS with my Cricut, using the Opposites Attract cartridge, then used the cutout as a stencil, masked my entire family and sponged Going Gray ink onto the cutout spaces. Finally, I colored everyone using markers and a blender pen, shaded beneath their feet using the same method, and wrote in the names with my favourite black Zig marker. I'm so happy the way it turned out.

4 comments:

2Mums said...

Marla, I love the stick people. Was this a stamp?

Colleen

9kids said...

Colleen,

Thanks for asking! This was done with the All in the Family set from Stampin Up.

BikerK8 said...

hi Marla did you foget your grandson Zander

BikerK8 said...

what a great idea, mind if I scrap lift this one for my niece for a Christmas present?

Kathy